Thursday, August 22, 2013

WHAT DOES BEING BLESSED LOOK LIKE TO YOU?

What does it feel like to be blessed? What does it constitute in your highest and wildest dreams? I have just been seriously thinking about it with soft, inspirational music playing in the background.

With tears stinging my eyes and as I let out several sighs, I have realized that to me, being blessed is totally different from what I have always been thinking on the surface.

To be truly honest, being 'blessed' is as personal as the 7 Billion people on earth. Yet we need to really know how that blessed life looks like. If you do not know, then most probably you will not attain it.


As I closed my eyes and started envisioning, I could see that great house that I have built, I could see my world class Rolls Royce parked outside. I could see myself flying from one continent to another being a blessing to others. I could also see hoards of cash that I easily have access to.

Then as I continued, I got even deeper, to a more meaningful state of being blessed. I saw myself with my kids retracing my steps to where I was raised. I took Ethan to the well in the village where I used to draw water each day. I remembered the days that we would long for rain so that we did not have to go fetch water.

Then I saw myself recounting of my ordeals of pain, fun, and triumph at several locations. I saw myself telling Ethan loads and loads of stories of my upbringing, each one of them laden with several lessons. Involuntarily, I started sobbing. I remembered of when I was barefoot for a decade and a half, with no inkling that I would one day have a child.

As I passed the lessons onto Ethan, I remember recounting to him that our parents meant so well for us kids while growing up...regardless of my misgivings of how they raised us up. I remember telling Ethan that he might feel the same way about me...but I want the best for him.

Then as I came back to the present, I realized what a 'blessed' life is to me, and this is it:
  • When I have this awesome privilege to have a world-class marriage with my Bride...
  • When I have this privilege to steward my kids to be mighty in the land,
  • When I have this privilege to have a home full of love, care for each other,
  • When I have this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others,
  • When I have the privilege to help people not only dream but achieve their dreams...especially kids
  • When I have this awesome relationship with my Maker...
...to me, there is no more blessed life other than the above. To me, that is a perfect Life Signature

Notice that there are no gadgets mentioned...just relationships and values. SELAH! (Pause and think about that)

I am willing to bet $1000 that if you looked deeper, you will also realize that a blessed life for you will not be gadgets...but relationships and values.

Consider this: Do you remember longing so much for a certain thing? Do you remember how desperate you were that only if you got it, then you would be fine and blessed? Then it did come. What happened to you then? Immediately it was in your possession, that emptiness came....life moved on...and your deepest heart still longed for a blessed life. Sounds familiar? Yeah I know. It happens to me every now and then.

So I know you might be asking, "How can I know what my blessed life looks like?" I am glad you asked. Consider the following:

  1. Start where you are. Document all your dreams.
  2. Make it a habit to reflect, visualize and meditate upon them as if they already are.
  3. Go deeper by asking yourself "Why do I want this dream?"
  4. Document your answers.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 as many times as possible.
  6. When you start having those selah moments...and sometimes when a tear or two comes out of your eyes...you might just have documented what a blessed life is to you.
Remember, 
  • A blessed life is personal to everybody...it cannot be replicated. Consider Moses in the Palace.
  • A blessed life is not centered on things, but on people and values.
  • A blessed life does not mean that you cannot have gadgets and things...just that these are not the ultimate.
  • The clearer you get to documenting your blessed life, the more inspired you become to attaining it.
Sniff sniff,

Selah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Life Signatures

What are your thoughts on this?

Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...