Monday, February 10, 2014

The Importance of a Line in Life

I am sure by now you might have seen that graphic on social media depicting the truth that success is not a straight line. It is a long winding and curvy line from the start point to the end point. In terms of success in your life, your greatest friend is a graph, a line graph with troughs and bumps.

I am not talking about that kind of line today. I am however dealing with one of the most important lines you could ever have in your life. I have had this line several times. The most interesting thing is that this line comes to use mostly at the lowest level of a personal graph.


It is a straight line. It is not drawn in Microsoft Excel...nor is it drawn on paper. It is however drawn in the heart of a visionary who stands up and decides how her life will never be from a certain point going forward. Its called drawing a line.

If you have never drawn a line in your life:

  • You have not really been living,
  • You are coasting around in life never fulfilling your potential,
  • You have accepted defeat and you think that there is no respite,
  • You are existing way below your privileges,
However, when you draw a line in the sand and decide what you will no longer stand for:

  1. You start identifying yourself with the calling in your life,
  2. You snap out of a cycle of lack of purpose and start aligning your life to live and love and matter
  3. You 'scratch the CD' of meaninglessness that has been playing in your life
  4. You stand to be counted as a person of purpose.
  5. You register to the world, and most importantly to your mind what vices (personal or otherwise) that you will not be known by.
  It is very easy to get caught up in a cycle that does not grow or profit you. All that is needed for this to happen is to have your bills paid. Yet honestly, we live for much higher purposes in life than just paying bills.

People need to draw a line in the sand and decide to start leading lives that are meaningful....lives that can be counted...lives full of purpose.

When is the last time you drew a line and decided? I did it this morning.

6 comments:

  1. Good post. I remember years ago, while on the beach, drawing a line in the sand and then stepping over it, declaring to the Lord that I wanted His very best for my life. It was a milestone for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah! There you go Dave. And to know that we should keep stepping over lines throughout our lives! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Good post. I remember years ago, while on the beach, drawing a line in the sand and then stepping over it, declaring to the Lord that I wanted His very best for my life. It was a milestone for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!
    Mostly I would tell myself in as much as I try to be so not focused once in a while ,not really because I have decided to be caught up in the cycle...a step behind could help MY LEAP ....ahead!!
    Good read!
    Thanks for the check....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhoda, like you said, deciding is the key. I wrote elsewhere that "Nothing happens until a decision is made". Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Awesome!!
    Mostly I would tell myself in as much as I try to be so not focused once in a while ,not really because I have decided to be caught up in the cycle...a step behind could help MY LEAP ....ahead!!
    Good read!
    Thanks for the check....

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Life Signatures

What are your thoughts on this?

Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...